We are not currently accepting applications for upcoming internship sessions. Please continue to monitor our website for possible future openings.
Resolute Consulting's internship program consists of highly motivated, career-oriented students and entry-level professionals with a passion for public affairs and strategic communications.
Our firm is committed to preparing our interns with real-world experience and many go on to have successful careers in government, business, advocacy and not-for-profit organizations, public relations and marketing.
We partner with Northwestern's Medill Journalism Residency Program, and we continue to grow internship opportunities with colleges in the Midwest and across the country.
We seek qualified individuals who are interested in gaining hands-on experience while learning the daily behind-the-scenes activities of a public affairs consulting firm.
During the internship, the primary role of an intern will be to support daily activities within Resolute Consulting, in addition to supporting Account Executive functions. Daily activities include:
Required Skills -- Qualified individuals must possess the following skills:
- Industry Research -- Assisting with online research for new business and industry initiatives.
- Communications / Media Outreach -- Monitoring client media coverage; building media lists; researching media contacts; drafting and assisting with placement of media releases, letters to the editor and op-eds.
- Writing -- Drafting press releases, letters to the editor and op-eds; compiling reports and memos; packaging research findings into useful reports.
- Online Activities -- Managing social media campaigns as well as updating client or campaign websites.
- Community Relations / Events -- Assisting with community outreach as well as coordination of event logistics for client activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Computer skills -- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to do research online
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Networking/people skills including persuasive speaking
For those interested in applying for a full-time internship, e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.